Skip to main content

Dear Ted #36

I haven't written for two weeks.  That seems crazy.  It's not that I haven't been thinking about you, I have.  Pretty much constantly.

Things are crazy.  Easter came and went.  The only way to see my kids and grandkids was to drive and stand out in the yard  and talk and send distant hugs and love.  I hate this stupid apocalypse.

They are talking about starting to open up the world again a bit.  I am expecting that it's going to be shut down or have  another surge of the virus.

Work is insane.  So few flights and so few people.  It's kind of hanging steady, though, so we'll see what the next few weeks brings.  Never in my life did I think I'd have people that came and wanted out of first class.  But, mostly people can have their own row - for safety sake.  But, people in first class don't always get that option.  I  now have to call people up on the upgrade list.  Do you want to sit by someone??  Or do you want your own row??

Going to  be a  strange transition.

I've cooked and baked a lot.  I've done some take out and curbside pickup.   Just depends on my mood and what sounds good.  Last night I made my favorite soup from Olive Garden, Zuppa Toscana.  Holy cow, it turned out sooooo good.  It was delicious.  KayeLynn and I are having leftovers tonight.

I've made bread, cinnamon rolls, cookies.  Yeah, stuff I don't need.  But, the activity and the food gives me comfort.  I'll try and get on track when this crap is over.

I haven't really heard from your family.   That kind of hurts.  But, I'll be ok with it.  The important thing is, I've heard from Randi and Dee and we have a good relationship.   I hope to make it to Phoenix within the next few weeks.  I've got a bunch of stuff to take to Randi and her family and I'm excited to see them.  I'm planning on dragging KayeLynn there with me.

OK - I have to tell you about the guns.  We've just  kind of been slowly working on them.  Brandon called me the other day and said he wanted to just buy them all.  He is going to pay me $10,000.  When he sells them, and he gets his return back on it, he'll split anything over $10,000 with me.  It works for me.  We had Frank helping, but Brandon got very upset with Frank.  Frank wants to buy two of the guns.   Frank took one of the ARs and paid me $300 of $700 he said it was worth.  Brandon said that it was worth way more than that, because of the things you had added to the gun.  So - I feel bad that this has come between the two good friends.  GAH - I just want your guns gone.  They make me nervous and I had no idea what you had.  My brother Russ bought one of your pistols.  So - I have a few dollars from them.  When Brandon pays me, I plan to send some money to Randi and Dee.  Just as a surprise and a little something from you.

Some good news - KayeLynn got her approval for disability.  She hasn't seen any money yet, we expect it will be a couple of months.  We are going to do a whole re-do on her room.  We hope to start painting maybe next week.

Just wanted to catch you up on a few things.  I am still in the middle of the refinance and it's the usual pain in the ass.  So - I'll let you know when that  finishes up.  I've got so many projects going through my brain.  Kitchen, stairs, I suddenly want a chandelier for the walk in closet.  Still painting that.  I would be making you crazy.  Probably I am anyway.

I love you so much.  Every time I see your face, I just want to kiss and hug you.  But, alas, it's just a picture.  But, your image is ingrained in my brain.  And for that I'm grateful.

#loveyoumissyou

I got a case for your flag.  I'm still working on getting this corner right
with your ashes and flag and stuff.  I just want it perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ted - #71

Holy hell. It's almost been a year since I wrote to you. Ten months, actually!! WOW Just thought I would catch you up on a few things. February I took Harper to Disneyland. We had a great time. I love that kid. That was the last time I traveled. Crazy, I know. April, I had gastric bypass surgery. I decided the rest of my life should be as healthy as possible. However, I've been pretty weak since having it. I actually did ok until I had Covid in June. That nearly killed me. Not really, but I got so weak I couldn't walk for twenty feet without thinking I needed to sit down and relax. I'm still dealing with that. Rustie had her gallbladder out on Friday. On Monday, I will be picking up the three girls. They will be staying with me until Saturday. Then I'll be taking them to Russ and Nancy's - I think. On Saturday, KayeLynn and I are heading to Grand Junction. Randi and Iri moved to Delta, Colorado back in May. So, we are going to go see them...

Dear Ted - #70 - Two years

Well, it's been two years. I can't even believe it. I worked all day and kept my mind off things. Since being home, it's not as easy. I love you more than you'll ever know.

Dear Ted - #56 - Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday my love!!  I hope you had a wonderful, heavenly birthday.  Doing whatever you wanted to do.   I made it through today ok.  I lazed in bed, not wanting to get out and face the day, for quite some time.  Then I got up.  By the afternoon, I was kind of in a groove.  But, when it came to the evening, I had a really hard time facing being by myself - staying in quarantine.  I was already out.  KayeLynn has to do all the shopping, because I'm not supposed to leave the house.  She was kind of wiped out when it was done, so she asked if I would make your cake.  So - I made the cake and then later made the biscuits and put dinner together.   You see, we had a full on, virtual type dinner.  All in your honor.  Susan thought of it and put it together.  It was all based on a dream she had with you in it.  She dreamt that we had been to visit and we left a box there.  The box was full of Red...