Skip to main content

Dear Ted #74 - Annual Honeymoon

So I went on our annual honeymoon the last couple of days. I couldn't go last year, because of surgery. Actually, I haven't been on a plane since January 2022, when I took Harper to Disneyland. KayeLynn and I kind of recreated your and my trip to Portland. Our very first time we traveled together on my benefits at Delta. We flew into Portland and slept that night, then we went to the coast yesterday. We went a little North of Netarts, where you and I went, to Oceanside. We spent a little bit of time at the beach, then we went to the Schooner Restaurant. The same one you and I went to that day. We got the fish and chips, like you and I did. We ate a bit, but neither of us were feeling great - so we ended up leaving pretty quickly. We didn't fly back that day, like you and I did. We stayed another night. We did both nights in the hot tub, which was awesome. I missed you very much. It's our anniversary in three days. I can't even believe it. Another year without you. Love you, miss you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ted #73 - The Reunion

Hello my love. I just wanted you to know that I am so happy that you and your mama are together again. I am sure you were trying to be the very first to welcome her. I am sad she is gone from here, but she wasn't in a good place here the last couple of years. I felt really bad that I wasn't able to go visit her - STUPID COVID!!! Give her a big hug from me. I love you more than you'll ever know. And I miss you, too. All I could think of when I heard the news, what a beautiful reunion there was tonight.

Dear Ted #30

So here are a few of the things I can't do since you died: I haven't been able to change the fitted sheet on your side of the bed.  Or the pillowcase.  Harper and Penny have slept there, but I can't change them. Your water mug that sat next to you with your ice water has not been emptied or washed.  I know that is weird, but somehow it signifies you. I don't watch our TV shows for the most part.  I don't watch NCIS, Bull or a bunch of other shows. I can't sleep on days that I have to work.  I'm exhausted four days a week. I can't take strong sleepy drugs on those days, Melatonin does nothing for me anymore. I don't know if it's a subconscious thing, because you're not there to make sure I get up.  Whatever it is, I'm exhausted.  I'm actually thinking of going a night shift. I know there is more. That is just what I thought of.  And doing our taxes this year is sending me through anxiety hell.   #loveyoumissyou

Dear Ted #72 - Happy Birthday/Veterans Day

Hello my love, Yesterday was your birthday. I hope you had a great one. I hope you had an effing birthday burger - especially since I couldn't have one for you. I got my knee replacement two weeks ago. I'm still hobbling around. I really haven't left the house except to go to the doctor. But I'm getting better every day. But, I still can't eat meat. So that's an issue. I've lost a lot more weight that I ever intended. I'm down to 143 pounds. That's over 100 pounds lost. I always figured I would get to about 160 to 180 and be done. But my own body won't even let me stop losing weight. Today is Veteran's Day. I did manage to hobble out to the garage and get your USMC flag out in your honor. I was pretty proud of myself for doing that. I haven't been using my walker, so that was pretty impressive in my mind. I love you. Hope you had a great birthday. Miss you more than you'll know.