Skip to main content

Dear Ted #23

So I've slowly been going through your stuff.  There is so much of it.  Crystal, Brandon and the kiddos were here yesterday while we went through stuff in the bedroom.  Going through your travel stuff was really hard. So many memories and stuff.  Your soap box, gosh. 

Part of the way through, Crystal got very weepy.  She gets bloody noses when she cries.  So then she got that stinking bloody nose.  She misses you so bad.  She said Chelsea is signed up for volleyball, but it just isn't going to be the same without the number one fan on the bench. 

When we finally loaded up a trailer full of stuff to go to the DI and Crystal, Brandon and the left with it, KayeLynn got all weepy. 

It really is a struggle to go on without you.  Every time I see that photo next to my bed, I just realize that I can't believe you are gone.  That face in that picture is just so much of what I remember of you.  Good hell, I miss you. 

Going through your stuff is hard.  But, it also makes me shake my head and at times makes me giggle. 

I've decided to wean off the Sertraline.  It did a good job of taking away the anxiety caused from your death, but I honestly cannot handle this whole lack of emotions.  Not being able to cry when I want or need to is just unnerving.  I truly have not cried since the week after your funeral.  I went to see Little Women with Crystal, Krystal and Chelsea last weekend.  Everyone around me was sobbing.  I'm like, ah, sad without a tear.  The little old man next to me was even sobbing.  But, not me.  Just dry eyed and nothing.

Well, I just wanted to stop by and say HI.  I haven't written for a while.  I feel your presence sometimes.  That makes me happy.  The whole turd thing was the very best.  :)

#loveyoumissyou

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ted - #71

Holy hell. It's almost been a year since I wrote to you. Ten months, actually!! WOW Just thought I would catch you up on a few things. February I took Harper to Disneyland. We had a great time. I love that kid. That was the last time I traveled. Crazy, I know. April, I had gastric bypass surgery. I decided the rest of my life should be as healthy as possible. However, I've been pretty weak since having it. I actually did ok until I had Covid in June. That nearly killed me. Not really, but I got so weak I couldn't walk for twenty feet without thinking I needed to sit down and relax. I'm still dealing with that. Rustie had her gallbladder out on Friday. On Monday, I will be picking up the three girls. They will be staying with me until Saturday. Then I'll be taking them to Russ and Nancy's - I think. On Saturday, KayeLynn and I are heading to Grand Junction. Randi and Iri moved to Delta, Colorado back in May. So, we are going to go see them...

Dear Ted - #70 - Two years

Well, it's been two years. I can't even believe it. I worked all day and kept my mind off things. Since being home, it's not as easy. I love you more than you'll ever know.

Dear Ted - #56 - Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday my love!!  I hope you had a wonderful, heavenly birthday.  Doing whatever you wanted to do.   I made it through today ok.  I lazed in bed, not wanting to get out and face the day, for quite some time.  Then I got up.  By the afternoon, I was kind of in a groove.  But, when it came to the evening, I had a really hard time facing being by myself - staying in quarantine.  I was already out.  KayeLynn has to do all the shopping, because I'm not supposed to leave the house.  She was kind of wiped out when it was done, so she asked if I would make your cake.  So - I made the cake and then later made the biscuits and put dinner together.   You see, we had a full on, virtual type dinner.  All in your honor.  Susan thought of it and put it together.  It was all based on a dream she had with you in it.  She dreamt that we had been to visit and we left a box there.  The box was full of Red...