Skip to main content

Dear Ted #31

OKAY, today was a big day.  Your Jeep is no longer in our name.  Brandon went and got the financing for it and paid it off.  That gave me what I needed to start the process of refinancing our home for thirty fucking years.  I can't even take it.  It causes me so much stress that I am starting all over with this.  That  means after living here for fifteen years, I now have to pay for 30 more.  I'll be 88 fucking years old when it finally gets paid off.  WTF did you do to me???  I know that sounds horrible, but I hate that I am starting all over with this.  It means I'll never pay it off.  I'll either die or sell.   Who the  hell knows.

I talked to you on the way home.  You really were the perfect match for me.  You let me be me.  I can't even imagine there is someone else out there for me that matches me like you did.  So, I'm not even interested in trying.

I joined two different facebook groups for widows.  Both are for people of my age and older.  Holy crap, there is one that is all these women who are so depressed, so broken hearted (that I get), so whiney over everything and it's obnoxious as hell.  The other one is a bunch of women who  are "moving forward".  Well, apparently moving forward means looking for a new man. That is just too much for me.  I guess I  don't get it.  I get heart broken.  I  get sad.  I get  depressed.  I get smiley when I  think of certain memories.   I laugh when I think of something funny.  I go through the emotions.  But, I can't sit around and feel sorry for myself.  I have a life to  live.  I would never expect you to sit around here and shrivel into  nothing.  I doubt you want the same for me.  I was raised by a  strong woman who would get in a motorhome every winter and head to the warm.  By herself.  Why would I think of being anything but that??

One of the things I miss about you being gone is that you were the one I would tell my stupid, irritating, frustrating etc work stories.  So - here ya go, because I need to tell you this one.  I worked a mid shift on Saturday.  I ended the shift by boarding for Paris.  So I'm getting the facial recognition stuff set up and I looked up and this is what I saw:


Yeah, not pretty.

I love you so much.  I hope you are at peace.

#loveyoumissyou

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ted - #71

Holy hell. It's almost been a year since I wrote to you. Ten months, actually!! WOW Just thought I would catch you up on a few things. February I took Harper to Disneyland. We had a great time. I love that kid. That was the last time I traveled. Crazy, I know. April, I had gastric bypass surgery. I decided the rest of my life should be as healthy as possible. However, I've been pretty weak since having it. I actually did ok until I had Covid in June. That nearly killed me. Not really, but I got so weak I couldn't walk for twenty feet without thinking I needed to sit down and relax. I'm still dealing with that. Rustie had her gallbladder out on Friday. On Monday, I will be picking up the three girls. They will be staying with me until Saturday. Then I'll be taking them to Russ and Nancy's - I think. On Saturday, KayeLynn and I are heading to Grand Junction. Randi and Iri moved to Delta, Colorado back in May. So, we are going to go see them...

Dear Ted - #70 - Two years

Well, it's been two years. I can't even believe it. I worked all day and kept my mind off things. Since being home, it's not as easy. I love you more than you'll ever know.

Dear Ted - #56 - Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday my love!!  I hope you had a wonderful, heavenly birthday.  Doing whatever you wanted to do.   I made it through today ok.  I lazed in bed, not wanting to get out and face the day, for quite some time.  Then I got up.  By the afternoon, I was kind of in a groove.  But, when it came to the evening, I had a really hard time facing being by myself - staying in quarantine.  I was already out.  KayeLynn has to do all the shopping, because I'm not supposed to leave the house.  She was kind of wiped out when it was done, so she asked if I would make your cake.  So - I made the cake and then later made the biscuits and put dinner together.   You see, we had a full on, virtual type dinner.  All in your honor.  Susan thought of it and put it together.  It was all based on a dream she had with you in it.  She dreamt that we had been to visit and we left a box there.  The box was full of Red...