Skip to main content

Dear Ted #2

Well, my love, we are going to see Knives Out today, mostly because I know how much you wanted to see it.  We'll see how I do in a theatre, in the same type of row we were in when you left me.  But, I wanted to see it for you. 

Last night I was thinking about your mustache.  I know, weird, huh.  But, you know that I have never seen you without a mustache.  Ever.  I wonder if you still have that mustache where you are.  I know that if there is a heaven that is where you are.  I can't imagine you would be anywhere else.  That mustache that on the one side was all freaky.  It didn't sit like the rest of the hairs on your face.  It stuck out, like crazy wire, here and there and everywhere.  You had me cut your hair every few weeks.  And I would trim those crazy eyebrows and then trim up your mustache.  I miss that I will never do that again.  Ever since you started working for Voice Carrier, you really haven't shaved regularly, you let your facial hair get all crazy.  You didn't really have a beard, you had long scruff.  I loved running my fingers in your scruffy beard.  And for some reason, that is one of the things I really miss.  Running my fingers through your scruffy facial hair.

I'm still dealing with anxiety.  My doctor won't refill my prescription for my tummy meds until I go in for a checkup.  Of course, they weren't in the office on Friday, so I will have to be miserable until I can get into them - hopefully this week.  If I still have this horrid rash, I will have  them look at that, too.  The stress of losing you has made me kind of a mess.  Acid reflux - having meds would help that, anxiety - that feeling of not breathing is not great and now a rash that will all the sudden itch or suddenly burn.  I've tried one of your hundreds of antibiotic cream and some of your cortisone cream.  The cortisone cream helps calm down the burn and itch for a bit.  I'm a mess without you.

I love you so much.  I keep expecting you - but you never come back.  I will make it through.  But, damn it - I just don't think it's fair that I have lost you.  Please keep my place warm.

#missyouloveyou

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Ted - #71

Holy hell. It's almost been a year since I wrote to you. Ten months, actually!! WOW Just thought I would catch you up on a few things. February I took Harper to Disneyland. We had a great time. I love that kid. That was the last time I traveled. Crazy, I know. April, I had gastric bypass surgery. I decided the rest of my life should be as healthy as possible. However, I've been pretty weak since having it. I actually did ok until I had Covid in June. That nearly killed me. Not really, but I got so weak I couldn't walk for twenty feet without thinking I needed to sit down and relax. I'm still dealing with that. Rustie had her gallbladder out on Friday. On Monday, I will be picking up the three girls. They will be staying with me until Saturday. Then I'll be taking them to Russ and Nancy's - I think. On Saturday, KayeLynn and I are heading to Grand Junction. Randi and Iri moved to Delta, Colorado back in May. So, we are going to go see them...

Dear Ted - #70 - Two years

Well, it's been two years. I can't even believe it. I worked all day and kept my mind off things. Since being home, it's not as easy. I love you more than you'll ever know.

Dear Ted - #56 - Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday my love!!  I hope you had a wonderful, heavenly birthday.  Doing whatever you wanted to do.   I made it through today ok.  I lazed in bed, not wanting to get out and face the day, for quite some time.  Then I got up.  By the afternoon, I was kind of in a groove.  But, when it came to the evening, I had a really hard time facing being by myself - staying in quarantine.  I was already out.  KayeLynn has to do all the shopping, because I'm not supposed to leave the house.  She was kind of wiped out when it was done, so she asked if I would make your cake.  So - I made the cake and then later made the biscuits and put dinner together.   You see, we had a full on, virtual type dinner.  All in your honor.  Susan thought of it and put it together.  It was all based on a dream she had with you in it.  She dreamt that we had been to visit and we left a box there.  The box was full of Red...